Tuesday, October 18, 2011

He is still working on me

So there has been this reoccuring theme in my life the last few months. It is choices....or maybe just actively taking ownership of what I do everyday. I have really come to believe that so much of what we do is a conscious decision requiring both thought and prayer. I also have seen God really work in areas of my life to bring Him glory and teach me lessons. I love when God shows up and teaches us a lesson or shows us more about us in areas we don't realize need it. I have really been doubting my leadership a lot the couple of weeks. Work was crazy and I was really torn down and doubting what I was doing with my life. I didn't know if it was the right carreer choice or what God was trying to show me. I still am a little confused and doing a lot of processing but have definetly seen God show His hand in everything. We are on vacation this week and I have seen how I am naturally a leader. I naturally take charge, plan things out and make sure they are executed properlly. I, also, have seen how those around me look at me for direction...sometimes literally as we have been navigating around a lot....but just to see what plans are or the actions that need to be taken. I have also seen that my fear of confrontation gets in the way. I know there are times that it is neccassary and that being a good leader means confronting what you need to. I look at Jesus in the synagogue or Jesus with the Pharasis. I look at the way Paul was speaking out against what was evil and confronting both the Christian and nonchristian community. It is all over the bible where men and women of faith have had to rise up and become a voice of truth and justice. There very nature of God is one that is both the Ultimate Judge and yet is the purest of love. I am very much a peace maker. I want everyone to get along and work dillegently at times to be the mediator in stressful situations. I still believe that there are times when I will be called to be just that a mediator. However there are times when I am called to to be more decisive in my decision making and times I am called to confront that which is wrong. I get very anxious when people are upset with me and try to avoid it all cost. However, I am really seeing how that tendency can cause myself and others harm sometimes physical sometimes not. When I was a nanny I learned very quickly how to discipline in a loving way and how to gain contol of the situation. It wasn't that I didn't love the girls but I was confident that my decision would be for the benifet of myself and them. I right now am trying to channel that same thinking when dealing with a staff or put into another leadership oppertunity. There are times when I will have to be stern and they may get mad and throw a fit but I know that I have the knowledge and training to make the right decision. Again, it is a choice I have to make to be the type of leader I want to be. It is also a choice I have to be confront that which is put before me whether I want to or not. I am just thankful that God is continueing to work on me and make me the person He desires of me. I remember a song from junior church when I was little and it so very fitting I will leave you with it.

He is still working on me
to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars
the sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
Oh how special I must be..
for He is still working on me

No comments: