Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Adoption Awareness Month

Happy Adoption Awareness Month! Adoption is very special to our family as most know my husband and three of his siblings are adopted so it holds a very special place. It is also something that David and I have talked/prayed/looked into and really feel called to do. We believe that the Lord will use us to make a home for the orphans. I am not sure in what light and I pray that we are both continually open to path of the Lord. We started actively pursing adoption about 14 months ago. However we have been talking about since before we were married both knowing individually that the Lord wanted us to one day adopt. David's love for children is one of the things that led me into him in the beginning. David being adopted himself from South Korea we always felt like we would want to also adopt from South Korea. Kind of a way to bring the process full circle. One of the stipulations for South Korea adoption is that you have to be married for three years. So on our 3rd anniversary we set off to start the process. Having moved from Missouri to Indiana we began to look into the adoption agency that we could work with. We went to seminars talked with fellow adoptive parents and set out to adopt. We were then meant with news that because of my size they would not work with us. We informed them that I have had the Lapband and was actively losing weight so would they keep us in mind. At that time it was agreed upon that we would wait until the January and then try again. Well January came and we got a letter saying they aren't accepting new couples into the program but will try again mid year. Then in June we received a letter saying they are closing the program for now. So needless to say we are another year out and really trying to pray about what door God wants us to proceed through. We both believe that there are children here in the US that need homes and would benefit from us. So we have really been trying to work actively at paying off bills so that we can pursue adoption like we would like. It is extremely expensive. I know that money is no obstacle for the Lord though. I have faith that the Lord will add to our family when the time is appropriate. It is a struggle for me though and something that I want to happen a lot. I will blog more on that later this month. For now I thank all of those who have added to their family through adoption especially my in-laws. They opened their home and their hearts to answer the call to care for the orphans and I am in turned blessed with an amazing husband who loves the Lord and me very much.

No comments: