Tuesday, September 27, 2011

He understands

I have caught myself a couple of times over the past few weeks crying out to God because I felt like I am alone and that no matter how much someone loves me they just don't get it or understand. One of the misconceptions in life and the world's view of relationships is that the other person completes you. One of the things I am thankful for is that by getting married in my late 20's I had really come secure in who I am and my relationship with God. I know that David loves me very much but we are also very different so there are times in the midst of life's issues that I am left feeling that no one gets it. Yesterday, on my way home from work was one of those moments. I had had a crazy last couple hours and upon getting off work I just wanted to vent so of course I made a couple of phone calls. However, they were busy and I was left feeling alone and that no matter how much someone loves me they can't be there a 100% of the time. I then found myself crying out to God that I just wanted someone to listen to me and get what I was saying. It was at that moment that I felt God gently pull me into His pressence and let me know that He got me and that He wanted nothing more than to listen to me. So even though I am sure other drivers might have thought that I was crazy I began to pore my heart out to the Lord. He comforted me with His spirit and He listen without judgement as I became real before Him. I was reminded of Jesus in the desert for 40 days and how I am sure during that time he had no one physically who completely understood what his preparing for ministry was about. I was also reminded of the Last Supper and the Garden of Gethsemane and how I am sure no one knew what was going to take place and the agony that Christ was in. As I cried out that no one understands God gently said He does and I knew He did.

No comments: